[python] Re: children's python

  • From: "Gideon Kahl" <gideon.kahl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:59:41 +0200

Hi

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it sounds great!  Will check it out as
soon as I can.

I must say: the idea I get from the python is that it is a laid back and
relaxed way of travelling - very unlike conventional bikes.

Up until recently every time we went mountain biking it had been a race and
the only enjoyment you got from it was beating your buddies.  Riding like
that did not have a positive effect on my family, because I always wanted to
race and my family was keeping me back.  (My youngest is turning 6 years
next month.)
Then last month I build a bicycle trailer and started riding with my kids.
We pack cold drinks and whatever we feel like and go riding together.  Even
though we live in a huge city (Johannesburg, South Africa) we now start
cycling to appointments, like church, birthday parties etc.  We have a great
time together.  My youngest manages 14km on his single speed 16" BMX with no
problems by now.

Reading how Jurgen and his wife ride together is really encouraging.  It
seems you can get much closer on a bicycle than I previously imagined :-).
And it is a great way to build family memories.

I am planning to get my hands dirty building my first python in
December/January.  Until then I will only be dreaming/drooling.

Regards
Gideon Kahl