[python] another enhancement or not?

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 21:04:16 +0200

Hi all!

Today I have had a long hot day in the python seat.

A unicycling friend once suggested I should put arm rests on Monty.

I cycle a lot with my hands folded behind the neck (knicklenkers are the only bikes that allow you to get a tan on the inside of your arms) but sometimes I fear people think I am doing this to show off, it looks a little pretentious if you know what I mean. Having hands in the lap makes a sweaty spot on the pants, letting arms hang down is ok until fingers get smacked by a stone or some other obstacle. Crossing arms over chest is comfortable but also becomes sweaty when weather is hot. I sometimes simply don't know where to place my hands! Since I have completely lost (I think so at least) the reflex to try steering with my hands I guess I could mount a pair of handles on the sides of the seat. But I fear it will feel ridiculous ...

So, instead I have come to think about the arm rest idea. True, this is perhaps even sillier but the idea feels fresh and worth a try. What do you think?

olaf