[python] Re: advice please

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:22:01 +0200

Hello,

that is a strong statement from Dirk whom I consider to be an experienced python as well as flevo rider.

Concerning the wheel size, I would say that bigger wheels seem to cause the python's instability when coasting with high speed (> 50 kph) much more than smaller ones.

I like the 26" wheels of my P3 because of their easy gearing, suspension and look, but when it comes to fast downhills, they seem to cause trouble.

Brian, did you also take into account the Tom-Traylor (TT-) like lowracers such as the Speculoos or the Kouign Amann? In mountainous regions they should have advantages over the flevo (uphills) as well as the python (downhills). Ghislain, a former python rider who changed to a TT-lowracer was very fond of it.

Best regards,
Jürgen.

On 29.08.2009 16:41, oupa gofar wrote:
Manay thanks Dirk - you are probably correct

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Dirk Bonné wrote:

Hi Brian,

a python is just a better flevo! Go for 20" wheels! ;-D

Dirk