[python] Re: a newborn

  • From: Gavin Katts <gav@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 06:09:15 +0200

Jürgen Mages wrote:

Hello Gavin,

Well my new trike is now old and the rust has taken its toll on her.

too bad - I always loved your trike construction. Didn't expect that
much rain in SA.

I have attached a photo of the new trailer that I will be using for my new trike rear end. It is made of fibre glass. 1000mm long, 500mm wide, and +/- 350mm deep. It weighs 8kg, and will have 20" wheels all
round.

Thanks for the picture. Looks sleek and futuristic. Anticipating pictures with the finished bike-trailer combination. Do you still ride the bike version?

Hello Jürgen
Not a lot of rain, but more of I still need to weld the entire thing properly and never got around to doing it. Also the tack welds were unprotected. I started riding the bike version Sunday past, as I needed transport. My road bicycle is short of a tyre and it is difficult to obtain one "now" when you need it. I have modified the front end to accomodate a 24" wheel as the 16" battled with the heavy loads. When I put the bike version together, using the 16" wheel again, the negative trail increased quite a bit. Now I am confused, as I dont know which of the two is better. What I can say is that when things are going smoothly, I think to myself "This is the only way to travel" However on the few occassions when things go awry that thought soon changes to " A bloody 40 year old idiot trying not to get squashed on a public road." My wife saw me on the road for the first time yesterday evening. When I returned home she said. Please finish the trike because you look like a ( I cant repeat the rest as I might get thrown off the list" :-[ So the new trike may be finished sooner than expected. ;-) I have asked a few graphic art students to design some cool graphics for the trike for which I will have their names air brushed on the rear end. I havent seen anything that I liked so far. Maybe someone on the list can come up with some cool graphics. Just a thought.
Anyway
Cheers for now
Gavin