[python] Re: Wood?

  • From: Bernard Boden <docteur-boden@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 07:35:52 +0400

Tropicalités,

may I suggest to pay somme attention to theses sites

http://www.manytracks.com/Recumbent/woody.htm#top
http://www.planenco.com.br/gota/indexe.htm
http://www.manytracks.com/recumbent.htm
http://www.estebanpascazzi.8m.com/Cuadro_Detalle.htm
http://tor8.de/index.php?current=Experimentell
http://www.blids.nl/gallery/PlywoodRecumbentBuildingworkshop2003

Hi Volker,

If your intent is only for a rapid prototype, you might be able to substitute a door hinge for the steering pivot. Some are quite strong and could easily be bolted to a wood structure. I've seen a few wooden recumbents on the Internet (<http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~talizmar/xntrick/recumbent.htm>http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~talizmar/xntrick/recumbent.htm) but no wooden pythons. Good luck!

CJ Sage
Akron NY

Volker Philippent <bike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello list,

as I met with Jürgen recently talking about the python, I'm thinking about
building a first prototype out out wood to prevent excessive metal work,
using mainly OSB (oriented strand board, Grobspanplatten). Wheelmount may
be made out of 4mm steel, the seat base would be part of side plates.

Unfortunately I have no idea of how to make the steering pivot - any
ideas?

Would this be stable enough for driving lessons?

It is mainly thought as a "rapid prototyping development" for learning
issues, and nothing for the eternity. After this, I might start building a
"normal" one out of welded steel.

Has anyone of you ever made a wooden python?

Thanks, Volker

Get your email and more, right on the <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42973/*http://www.yahoo.com/preview> new Yahoo.com

--
Docteur Bernard Boden