[python] Re: Wood?

  • From: ****** <bb1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:28:01 -0400

On Thursday, August 24, 2006, at 04:47 PM, Volker Philippent wrote:

Hello list,

as I met with Jürgen recently talking about the python, I'm thinking about
building a first prototype out out wood to prevent excessive metal work,
using mainly OSB (oriented strand board, Grobspanplatten). Wheelmount may
be made out of 4mm steel, the seat base would be part of side plates.

Unfortunately I have no idea of how to make the steering pivot - any
ideas?

Very interesting question ........ after a little thought ......... how about using the bottom bracket of a junk bike with both cranks pointing in the same direction. These would be bonded to the wooden under skeleton with much carbon fiber tape and epoxy.
Similarly the cylindrical body of the bottom bracket could be bonded to the wooden fork leading to the pedal crank, which too might be bonded with carbon fiber tape and epoxy.
There are many of us with some carpentry skills but no welding experience nor the equipment.
Please let all know what progress you eventually make
Regards to all .......... bb in the USA