[python] Wood?

  • From: Volker Philippent <bike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:47:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hello list,

as I met with Jürgen recently talking about the python, I'm thinking about
building a first prototype out out wood to prevent excessive metal work,
using mainly OSB (oriented strand board, Grobspanplatten). Wheelmount may
be made out of 4mm steel, the seat base would be part of side plates.

Unfortunately I have no idea of how to make the steering pivot - any
ideas?

Would this be stable enough for driving lessons?

It is mainly thought as a "rapid prototyping development" for learning
issues, and nothing for the eternity. After this, I might start building a
"normal" one out of welded steel.

Has anyone of you ever made a wooden python?

Thanks, Volker