[python] Re: Website

  • From: David Mullens <davemullens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:09:01 -0700

Jürgen Mages wrote:
Whew! - My website "www.python-lowracer.de" received 12.000 hits yesterday. This is thrice as much as usual. Anyone has an idea what might have happened?

There is a site in the states www.fark.com which, if an article is referring to your site, will "fark" your site, i.e. suddenly generates thousands, or millions of hits. Depending on how weird/ naughty the story might be. This didn't happen but maybe something like it. BTW today there was a story about a road rage causing an accident with a pack of pro bikers on a training run. http://www.smh.com.au/news/beijing2008/cycle-pack-attack/2008/05/08/1210131112608.html?page=fullpage

That is stupid enough but then [mostly american posters] there is a LOT of stupid comments about how they should of been biking on the sidewalk and how much the posters HATE bicyclists. I do not suggest that you read it but it is eye-opening. Perhaps I have been giving the general population too much credit all these years.
Dave