[python] Re: Web Updates

  • From: "daryl bender" <darylbender@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:32:40 -0400

Hi Jürgen

It's not a big deal. I'll just revector the bearings for something else. I don't have much time invested in that part of the bike (the suspension pivot is the part that gave me all the trouble trouble and I'll keep that. My pivot angle was going to be 67 deg. I like the idea that with the rod ends I can tune my pivot angle.

The weather is getting cold here so the time for indoor design is upon me. I can develop a new set of plans. I want to think about that changing pivot angle idea I brought up. I think 25Hz said the bike is more stable at speed with a lower angle. If that is so then I would like to *try* to think up a *simple* way of achieving a variable angle on the fly (no bouncing python). I now have 2 free bearings that I could use for this if I needed.

Alas I would be done the Python except for the fact that I got snowballed under with so many other things this year (redoing the kitchen, upgrading my other recumbent, family reunions, the loss of my job & trying to find another etc etc). All but the latter were good but didn't allow me to get as far as I hoped. I may try to proceed over the winter but last time I welded in the garage with the doors closed to stay warm I got "metal fume fever" (always reminds me of cat scratch fever).

http://meeting.chestjournal.org/cgi/content/abstract/126/4/995S-a

and let me tell you, boys, that one ain't fun ;-)

Cheers
Daryl - yes I can tell you a lot of shop horror stories! :-)

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.