[python] Variable pivot angle was Re: Re: gyro forces

  • From: Mike Channon <mchannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:10:40 -0400

Hello listees

Perhaps Daryl's whacky thought has some merit.  But, rather than using
hydraulic pistons or some such,how about linking the pivot angle to the
seat.  By that I mean have a seat with a recline angle and or height which
could be changed on the fly.  As the saet recline was raised- for increased
stability the pivot angle would also change in the direction which would
give better stability.  Seat connect by mechanical linkage to the pivot.
Would the extra complexity and weight penalty be worth the variable stability?

Mike Channon
London, Ontario, Canada

At 10:51 AM 10/19/05 -0400, Daryl wrote in part:

>Daryl - Oh here's a whacky thought, change your pivot angle dynamically as
>your speed increases. Maybe something like rod ends on hydraulic pistons
>that are in some way tied in with speed sensing. Maybe electronically or
>more practically with a lever for the operator which would be used in the
>course of riding like changing gears. Gad! I'm now visualizing bouncing
>Pythons like Mexican "low-riders". Man, mixing Javascript and the mathmatics
>of gyroscopes is bad for you!!! ;-D

>Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
>e-mail and attachments.
>http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=ht
tp://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines