[python] Two new Members

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Python Malinglist" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:31:45 +0200

Hi all,

let me say hello to two new listies by answering their
questions:

Bernard Boden from France:

>my question should be
>wether if is worth to place the handle bar on the
>rear or the front part of the python?
>on the front it could counterstrike the force of
>the foot when climbing and pushing hard.

As you might know, I do not use handlebars and I
think they slow down the learning curve.
Anyway, when I want to pedal with much force, I
hold my hands to the seat plate which is attached
to the rear part of the frame.
If you want to be able to steer without feet, then
attach the handlebars to the front frame.

Dirk Bonne from Danmark:

>I probably have to go for a 20inch version (because my inseam is
>82.5 bare feet). And I am not sure yet if I go for racing like (reckless
>design, fragile and light), or trekking (a packing mule, comfortable).
>
>I have been grazing this mailing list (my compliments to the list. it's
>made up out of a really nice group), and found some references about
>20inch wheels. I believe Olaf from Sweden is doing such a version (?),
>but I didn't see much discussion or drawings.

With 82.5 inseam you might be able to ride a 26" python with narrow
tires.
Alain Branca from Corsica built two prototypes with 2x20".