[python] Turning radius/off-road capability

  • From: Sam van Herwaarden <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:51:21 +0200

Hi
Jurgen, you've said both that the turning radius is 5-7 meters and the following:

Olaf,

the limit is the colission of the front fender with the edge of
the seat plate. With my first python I had a radius of 1.5m
versus the practical turning radius of 2.5m after becoming
an experienced rider (3.5m it was in the beginning!).

Jürgen.

Which is it? 2.5m seems _really_ good for me, I think 5 meters is still quite good for a recumbent.
Just wondering
Some time ago (a week?) I sent a mail to the mailing list regarding the off-road capability of the Python. Which recumbents have you been able to compare it to? How does it handle in sand?
Has the message actually been received? I didn't get it via the mailing list, but maybe that's normal?

Thanks
Sam
PS.: I'm still thinking about the python with a small rear wheel, that would decrease the wheelbase tremendously.