[python] Re: Trike Drum Break Hubs

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:04:57 -0800 (PST)

Interesting comments on rear braking and 66kph by 25hz
http://www.recumbents.com/forums/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=4226#32871

All of pythons with front brakes are coaster type.  I tried rim brake on 24"
front suspension, but it got very rough, maybe because the front pivot was very
weak.  Has anybody compared drum/disc/rim brakes on the same wheel/bike?

Vi

>________________________________

    wheels most probable over sized.

>I bought my wheels online - I dont know if its OK if I would post
    the link?
>Anyhow if you are interested I will send the link to you directly.
>
>Gerald
>
>On 28.11.11 17:46 , Steffen Risse wrote:
>Patricks idea of a seat belt is nice. At the moment I'm dealing with a set of
>drum brake on the rear axles (python trike). There are ones for wheelchairs
>and some for children buggies from Chariot.  Last one would cost me about
>300,-€ incl. wheels, brakes and a straight axle (I normally wanted to have a
>low axle from wheel to wheel). There are also disk brake calipers for left and
>right at rolko.com, what makes it possible to use small brake discs (maybe
>d120 or something like that). Now I have to think about, what's easier and/or
>safes some weight, money, time, nerves, ....
>>
>>regards,
>>Steffen
>>

>>2011/11/28 Gerald <bepb@xxxxxx>
>>
>>Hi
>>>I think in Germany too, two break systems on the front
            wheel, even as independent as a coaster break and a rim
            break will suffice from the legal point of view.

>>>I once had a cheap tire jump of rim off the front wheel and
            was rather happy to have a rear break :-).

>>>I am not talking against a second set of breaks on the front
            wheel, but a break on the rear wheel has its merits too.

>>>Gerald
>>>

>>>On 28.11.11 14:25 , Patrick van Gompel wrote:
>>>Hmm yes, but laws are there for the people, not the other way around, right?
                    a double brake on the front makes much more sense
                    (safety wise), I doubt whether you would ever run
                    into problems.
                    bike that there is no point to conform to that law,
                    I think. For a python with a low CoG a seat belt is
                    a better idea than a rear brake ;-p

                      python

                      again. Your right. I'm not sure
                      because the german law says "... two