[python] Re: Tour Report

  • From: "Torben Scheel" <torben_scheel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:17:09 +0100

Jürgen Mages wrote:
>> The bike is back at the workshop as the handlebars allmost broke off
>> and the seat was banged up a bit in all the crashes. Any ideas for a
>> easy foldable, crash resistable, light handlebar and a mount?
>> Scooterbars might work..
>
> Hi Torben,
>
> good to hear from your progress.
>
> You, Peter, Eveline, Jürgen Maier and me, are
> the top ranking pythonauts until now, I guess ;-)

:-)

> No news from other ones. I hope, the ones that have
> already built a python are still alive...

Uh oh.. I guess the learning mountain is a bit too steep for some.

> Concerning your handlebars: The airbike has a very stable
> construction. 15 cm long round tubes with 1 mm wall are
> welded directly to the front frame. Disadvantage is, that
> when the tubes bend accidentally, the front frame is likely
> to bend with them.

I want to avoid that, and I would like a light and packable solution. The
bars should be stable downwards, forwards and backwards, but flexible with
some resistance upwards. When travelling, it should be possible to fold the
bars up and hold them together with a rubber band. I guess it's time to
fetch the drawing board.

Regards,
Torben