[python] Re: Tire for Breakfast?

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:25:42 +0200

Hi George,

quite high. The BAs are specified up to 5bars, but I usually pump up to
5.5 or even 6bars.

I broke in total 3 rims. The one in the picture held less than a year
and is may be a faulty fabrication. The other 2 broken rims were
installed on my baby python (RIP), and were quite old: about 10years and
had considerable wear on the flanges (V-brakes). I may have ridden 4
years with BAs on these rims, before that marathon 35-406 or
vredresteins monte carlo 37-406 (my favorites at the time).

I have a new rim now: "schürmann reflex 19"
(http://www.schuermann-rims.com/rims/index.php?id=21) and they are
specified for a 62mm tire ( no pressure specs though :-( ).

Dirk