[python] The Python Patrick Introduced in February 2011

  • From: Bob's DotMac <robert.holliday@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:52:31 -0800

Hi Folks//

        This is my first post.  Hope I get it correct.  I currently ride an SWB
'bent (HP Velo Street Machine).  Do a lot of hill riding with it.  Uphill is
slow and downhill is fast.  Saw the Python and became interested - perhaps the
short distance to the road while falling was attractive.  I've had my share of
encounters with the road.  I wonder if Patrick could provide some updates and
insight on his stainless Python?

        o  How is it working out?  Are you satisfied with the design?  Have you
modified the design?

        o  Do you have any thoughts on load carrying capability?  Could it
handle a 90 kg rider?  Is the design specific to rider weight?

        o  How does it handle at higher velocities?  Say 50 - 70 kph downhill?

        o  Do you have any thoughts on using disc brakes for this Python
design?  Do you use the front brakes at all?

        Any insight would be helpful.  I'm considering having a local (Seattle,
WA US) stainless fabricator put the frame together.  Will probably stick with
26" wheels.

best regards,

Bob