[python] Re: The Hammock Seat Mystery

  • From: Stephan Schöling <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:13:32 +0100

Olaf Johansson wrote:
Looking at the project survey page there is, apart from Jürgen Mages own bikes, only one builder that has adopted the original hammock seat design and that is the python of Jürgen Maier. Is this a Jürgen thing or what? I mean do you have to be called Jürgen to like the seat? How come no one else are building their seat in this fashion?
I seems to be a Juergen thing if you analyze the seatbuilding statistics.
Can i say that Marcel is a kind of link between the two groups ?

I made the decision to buy a seat cause i had no idea how to adapt a selfmade seat to my frame. I was unshure about the size too. I had no useable Materials and I wanted a better look (sorry for my rude honesty). And at last I wanted a solid seat because of my wheight. Not a funny thing if the seams of the seat are ripping at the first pothole ;-)

Stephan