[python] Re: TT prototyp riden

  • From: Laurent Dechenne <laurent.dechenne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:49:24 +0100

Le 26-févr.-05, à 22:58, juermaier@xxxxxx a écrit :

Hi, all and Laurent

the TT prototype attached in this mail I rode yesterday. It is terrible. The forces on the front
wheel while pedaling are strong and I have to compensate them with the arms. Without hands I
can not ride it. But with handlebar my son (same height) could ride it in 5 minutes.

The pivot angle is 75 degrees, wheelbase 100 cm and seatheight 40 cm.

I wonder if moving the pivot to the front close to the bb and let the pivot-angle go in the opposite
direction would help?
No, you have to move the pivot closer to you

For the interferences on direction with pedals,
First, a part of this probleme is experience: you have too learn for pushing exactly in de good direction but learn not all;
-more you have the pivot distant from the bb better it is (best example is python)
- more sharp you have the angle between seat - bb / pivot axle, better it is to

Then, if you have a trail angle too sharp, the weight on the front wheel make a bike (how too say?) turn too strongly...( there is some stres at high speed on down hill)

For the moment, best angle i have find is on this bike:

JPEG image

60° for trail angle and with the seat at the same high with BB ; 60° for seat -BB / pivot angle
this bike is easy to ride with out you hands, and can go realy speed on down hill with any problemes
I think the only infeasibility for this type of bike is to build a low racer... it's possible but with a 45° trail angle and then you d'ont have a good down hill rider.

Ciao

Laurent

Jürgen Maier
Der folgende Teil dieser Nachricht enthält einen Anhang im
sogenannten Internet MIME Nachrichtenformat.
Wenn Sie Pegasus Mail oder ein beliebiges anderes MIME-kompatibles
Email-System verwenden, sollte Sie den Anhang mit Ihrem Email-System
speichern oder anzeigen können. Anderenfalls fragen Sie Ihren Administrator.

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,

   ---- Datei Information/File information -----------
     Datei/File:  TT prototyp 1.JPG
     Datum/Date:  25 Feb 2005, 22:38
     Größe/Size:  88372 bytes.