[python] Svar: Re: flevo lowracer versus python

  • From: "Thomas Paul Jahn" <tpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:27:27 +0100

Hi Juergen and others, this is the one I found in the links on your page. When
I look at it, I think, Meindert must have 'believed' (well maybe he made some
calculations) that the bended shape surved the stability of the bike. Is that
so?!

Dirks babypython f.x. has a real straight line.
I have the impression (no experience) that the python drives easier when you
reduce the difference between hubs and seat, while keeping the absolut seat
hight low.  ??

I have worked on my python. More on the paper again than in real. Having the
choice between three methods of welding doesn't make the starting easier. But I
really look forward for driving.

I sat on Torbens python. Is just not my size :-)

greetings
Thomas

>>> Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx> 20-02-2007 18:11 >>>
Hello Thomas,

I attached a photo of Meindert's bike. Dennis has tried
several times to contact Meindert for more info, but
unfortunately, he had no success.

As far as one can judge from the photo I would definitely
call this bike an early version of the Python. I really
wonder about its history and its fate.

Cheers,
Jürgen.