[python] Re: Svar: Re: children's python

  • From: dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:08:52 +0200

Hi Thomas,

I finally got off my lazy ass and made the graph I promised.

I compared it to the baby python, monty and the P4 of Jürgen. The graph
depicts the rise of the seat versus turning angle. As you can see it is
the smallest on Lucas bike. The monty is similar to my bike on purpose
(me and Olaf decided it that way). P4 is in a totally different level
because of the "extreme" trail.

Compared to monty the self centering is smaller because of the lesser
trail (monty has -170mm, luca -114mm). I tried setting the trail to -170
for Luca's bike and the self centering got considerable bigger then that
of the monty or my bike. This is due to the larger wheelbase. If you
would shorten the wheelbase the self centering would go down more.

If you want to have more self centering you need to change the trail.
The wheelbase cannot sensibly be lengthened and the second graph shows
that the pivot angle is already at its best. Another idea would be to
use a spring (silent block) as like on a flevo.

How is Luca doing on the bike?

Sorry about the long delay. Anyways, the mailing list here has been very
very quiet, so everybody seems to have had a time out.

Dirk

JPEG image

JPEG image