[python] Svar: Re: New Python - 20" or 26"?

  • From: "Thomas Paul Jahn" <tpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 20:56:33 +0200

Yes, 20" wheels fit shorter legs. I would not be able to use 26". When I
remember well, the minimum inseam height was 86 cm with 26" according to Jürgen.

and hej Dirk,
why do you mention higher rolling resistance with 20" compared to 26"? Do you
think, the axis will turn faster at the same speed and thereby increase
resistance?
So what about the reduced air resistance with 20" then. That should be much
more important. And the reduction in weight? And in particular for the python,
with 20" wheels you reduce the distance between front axi and pivot, which I
believe gives a lot of stability.
So even when I was 1,90 m, I would choose 20". Definitely!
By the way: why does Moulton have the world record on the upright bike. Not
inspite of 17" wheels. Rather because of it.
cheers
Thomas

>>> brian smith <briannsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 22-05-08 17:02 >>>
Is not leg length an important factor in deciding if one can use a 26"
front wheel ?
Just wondering
Oupa in SC USA