[python] Re: Steering Pivots Survey

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:28:45 +0200

They are plain, spherical pressed bearings

Thanks Ray.

Also see: http://www.tperformance.com/street_rods/swap_meet/

"Works great where a larger amount of misalignment is required."

Perfect for Python homebuilders.

I found that my ball/cone BB needed adjustment to keep zero play, but
it was also very easy and accessible. I bet that the stamped outer
race deforms under python's heavy loads, whereas the cartridge type
is harder material. It might be worth other's time to heat and quench
the race to harden it more.

I'll post pictures of the worn ball/cone BB.

My new RWD LWB full-suspension bent is coming along. I'll finish the
 mono-shock front end this weekend and the rear is almost done. The
big debate, again, is head angle!

You can never escape the fundamental quests of life ;-)

I ordered Dr. Bill Patterson's book "Lords of the Chainring"

Three years ago I had some discussions with Bill. He warned everybody of riding a python because of its negative trail ;-)

JPEG image