[python] Re: Starting to build

  • From: "Eduardo L P Jr" <edulpj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:40:19 -0300

Here in Brazil, there are just one bent maker (and they made in very low
scale...). Buy a recumbent here, is a very difficult job. I make some bents
to my friends. They like my creations because I seek the perfection in each
little corner and detail.

I use a Vernier caliper to confer each measure. The "lathesmith" who made my
lathe carved parts, confer each measure three times with a Palmer caliper...

A zinc-plated and powder-coated frame, is almost rustless. For me, doesn´t
matter if the bent will be used near by the sea or not. I don't accept any
miligram of rust...

My foldable bent is based over the design of the Canadian Steve Robson, the
Mini-Max. Mini-Max is a 12/12, but I've changed the design to 16/16". My
foldable has a 15 speed derailleur system. A triple crankset (22-32-42), a
mid-drive (a modified 7 speed freewheel without pawls) with 5 speed and a
single freewheel at the rear wheel. I'm finishing the assembly and when I
have enough pictures, I'll invite you to know it.

All the best

Eduardo

P.S.: I like unicycles too. I've made a homebuilt one using a modified BMX
fork. You may see it at the second link below...

Ypê Bike: http://www.ypebike.cjb.net/
Ypê Mono: http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/