[python] Re: Stability Theory (Was: rubber pivot)

  • From: Laurent Dechenne <laurent.dechenne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:33:50 +0100

Hi

Maybe we have to see potision of center of gravity on our python ... if we take the weight on each weel with the pilot on place we have good information...? Distence cg/pivot is maybe a key to compare...?
I see bb-fwa diferent on p1 and p3 then i suppose cg move with

Laurent

Le 05-févr.-05, à 20:07, Jürgen Mages a écrit :

Olaf,

this theory might be an eye opener.
Peter was the first to tell me, that the riders postion towards
the bike is possibly more important than the frame geometry.

E.g. I am always stunned to see how much more stable P1 is
at high speed than P3, although the geometry is almost
identical.
Once I reached 70 km/h coasting downhill with P1.
Exactly the same hill I rode with P3 one year later and
had to start braking at 50 km/h, because I could not let it
go.

Would it be possible for you to illustrate your idea with a
drawing or by comparing two different pictures?

Regards from Jürgen.