[python] Re: Some News

  • From: Gideon Kahl <gideon.kahl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:26:40 +0200

Hi All

Yes, I cannot wait to start working on my bent.  I've been drooling over
having one for ages, but I have been very busy over the past 6 months.  I've
been preparing for a mountain bike race called the Sani2c here in South
Africa - a 3 day stage race over 250km through the most beautiful scenery
one can imagine.  And riding so much on my mountain bike costs a lot since
components wear out, especially in the mud.

My goal after the race is to scale down a lot on mountain biking and rather
spend that money on building my bent.  I will still commute with my mountain
bike as I currently do.  My wife is eyeing my mountain bike so I guess it
will no longer be mine once I have the bent completed.

Seeing this rear-steering, front-wheel drive recumbent changed my plans a
bit.  I think I will try to build one too.  I like things that are
different.  A friend once said: "Some people are wise, others are
otherwise."  I like otherwise!

Anyhow Dennis, congratulations on such an achievement.  I would have loved
to be the one to have come up with such a great implementation of an *
otherwise* idea.  I gave up on the idea of rear-steering but this has given
me new hope.

Regards
Gideon