[python] Re: Semi-final practice version

  • From: Ray Schümacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:37:24 -0700

At 07:19 PM 7/26/2005, you wrote:
>Here's a picture of my python so far:
>http://bikes.jkcc.com/python%20fender.jpg
>
>I've only got about 70 km on it as yet, but I can cruise pretty steadily at
>about 30 kph without dumping it or careening wildly into the bushes.  I
>still have a few more items I want to add to the frame before I get it
>powder coated, and I think I'll shorten it down by 4 to 6 inches which
>should improve it's steering response.  At the same time I might be able to
>give it a little more ground clearance at the same time.

!! that is low! You could just turn the frame over if you only adjusted the
pivot again...
I cut mine down a lot shorter after the first iteration and found that I could
turn much tighter circles immediately.

My girlfriend just got a Felt  85, so now I have even more problems following
up hills:  http://www.feltracing.com/2005_bikes/2005_f55.html

Nice work!
Ray