[python] Re: SUV python work trike

  • From: Ray Schumacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 07:36:11 -0700

At 03:48 PM 6/15/2008, you wrote:
Here's the SUV's producer:
http://organicengines.com/lazy-index.php?file=SUV_and_Pedicab/SUV/

Those
http://organicengines.com/products/triclops-tricycle/
remind me of a rear-steer tadpole I made years ago. The front axle was spring steel and provided give for some suspension. But, the rear headset made the handling horribly whippy, as you turn your mass adds force to the steering. My python felt much more stable at high speed. In retrospect, a zero or tiny negative trail might have helped.

That prompts me to ask if there are any python tadpoles made?
With the larger BB-rear axle value it wouldn't necessarily have the whip action, and the trail could be any value desired. Downside being the need for a wide front wheel spacing, but look how wide the SUV is...

-Ray