[python] Re: SUV

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:37:39 +0200

Hello Dustin,

valuable insider information about the SUV - thanks!

I once built a similar trike and also noted the strong wheelflop. No wonder, if you consider that the whole weight of the rider plus the front part has to be shifted around in curves. Alas, as you said it has benefits to your upper body workout. The negative trail and the heavy load might compensate this WF tendency, but additional some strong steering dampers like the flevo diabolos should help or a change in the frame geomtry towards a steeper steering angle e.g. 75 degrees.

We would appreciate if you upload your pictures to the wiki and create a small SUV info page.

On 15.06.2008 06:00, Dustin Anderson wrote:
That said....I think the idea was conceived and then not much time was put into refining it after. There is an excessive amount of wheel flop. So much that it the trike is affected by even the slightest camber in the road. The operator needs upper body strength to drive it and the control arms (where you anchor yourself with your arms to steer it) flex and that makes it more difficult.