[python] Re: Rod end bearings on Pythons

  • From: r.mccrady@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:46:58 +0000 (UTC)

The grease fitting is called a "Zerk".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease_fitting

-Rod

----- Original Message -----

From: "Paul Needham" <paul.2.needham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:59:29 PM
Subject: [python] Rod end bearings on Pythons

Hi all

My ongoing trike project although based on Ed's red trike has rod end
bearings as used by 25hz and others.

Can anyone tell me ?

How do you grip them without damaging them to tighten up the nuts
clamping them to the frame ?

Do I need washers on the outside at the bolt head and lock nut ? only
with the washers I think there is insufficient thread for the lock nut
to work ?

What is the adaptor called that fits to a grease gun so they can be
greased ?

regards Paul