[python] Re: Ride the Moan

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:25:42 +0200

Thanks Bernard,

now I have two translations at hand. Ghislain Pillet
from Antibes, France has sent me another one per PM.

Here it is:

Just back from an empty parking lot...verdict 7meters for a half turn...about the same as for a python...still acceptable as I do know I can improve this. The limit for the moment is not caused by the 4 bars itself, but by the handlebar which bangs onto the 4bars linkage, as they come towards each other with the inversion. I took my three wheels, 28', 26' and 20'... well no noticeable difference... For the rest, apart from this fucking right pull, (I have to pull on left... I'm not dyslexic...) it rides straight pleasant...Now I'm fully motivated, going to recut again the frame to solve this "right pull", take advantage of the recut to lower down the 4bars and keep it flat...I will have maybe to look into the trail angle, I think for the moment it's nearly positive... going to study closely a lighter steering linkage...

The Moan re-cut and re-welded with the 4 bars lying well flat.

Keeping in mind everything must be square...in the THREE dimensions !

As a result it is well balanced...went out a few times in my street going down...impeccable on these little trials.

Still have to mount gears, and test it on a longer distance...and start dreaming about a carbon version. It could well be the great do-it-yourself of the coming winter !