[python] Re: Rear Suspension

  • From: Pekka Pitkänen <pegalle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:27:22 +0200

Hi all,

My Python have quite similar rear suspension as is in Jürgen's bike. It
softens the ride without being
too lively. I have used 20x30mm tubing (on it's flat side up) to the rear
and it's being on the limit, I'm 71kg and the tubing has
now some arc, mostly because I have been riding about 200 km with a wooden
block in a place
 where should be a rubber block. I'm having a 1.9" tire in front and liking
it, have thought also some front suspension
because it's more effective that way.
But on the other hand, simplifying  the building process is very important
to the first-time builders.
And here in Finland, most of Pythons are rigid, no issues on the pavement.

Pekka