[python] RWS Python

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Python <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:21:39 -0700 (PDT)

This one (znb) seems quite controllable,  pivot slightly pointed to the rear,
and trail ~zero or negative, and probably gigantic turning circle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGlNhdxesbc&feature=related

A RWS python should retain the best features, hands-free, self-centering,
low...
 RWS seems more difficult because of no direct control of both wheels like the
FWD version by the body / legs.  However, if it works, we can gain quite a few
benefits - less PSI / speed, positive trail, bigger front wheel, lots of space
for pivot behind the seat and even handle bar...  Should I give it a try?

Vi

[python] Re: dennis renner

        * From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
        * To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        * Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:25:52 +0200
The experiment is as follows: hold rear part vertical and turn the front part
->
on a python we get seat rise.  But if we hold the front part vertical, then
turn
the rear part, then the seat will lower on a python.  On a RWS the bulk of the
weight is on the front part, so leaning of the front part on turning will be
small (to balance we need to shift weight). So from this assumption there would
be no self centering effect on dennis bike (and the cal poly bike it would
have).  Dirk