[python] Re: RE.: Steering Angle

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Python Malinglist" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:02:53 +0100

Rasmus,

> Also I want to get started building my own; and I need to make some
> drawings before. Has anybody made some drawings already, that
> I could use as a base?

I have the AutoCad 14 drawing, known from my website.
If someone is interested, I can upload it. Either zipped DXF
format or zipped DWG format is available. As it is only a
design study, the dimensions are not perfectly in scale.

> My inseam is 85cm; that means I should go for 26 inch tires, right?

Mine is 86 cm (barefoot). 26" is no problem for you. As my python
is 1 cm too short for me, you can choose the same dimensions as
shown in the attached file.

wheelbase 129 cm
seat height 31 cm
steering angle 67 °
BB - FW axle 41 cm
BB - edge of seat 73 cm

> How far should the crank center be from the wheel center to avoid
> kollisions with the derailleur?

41 cm with the standard 170 mm cranks.

> Is it a good idea to use non-straight crank arms like the ridiculous
> "drawing" below to get the feet further away from the derailleur?

Most of the modern cranks are bent and it is good to use them.

Regards from Jürgen.