[python] Questions about Python-Trike geometry (project similar to Howard Stevens foldable Python trike)

  • From: Frank Schmaus <frank.schmaus@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:14:10 +0200

As I got quick reply and really good help last time, I try it again:

I'm planning to build some foldable python trike like this one:
  http://en.openbike.org/wiki/Python_Trikes#Howard_Stevens_Mk2.2C_Australia
But with larger laguage capacity. On the python page (http://www.python-lowracer.de/geometry.html) there's a lot of good input on geomtry questions concerning pythons. But how is all that with a python trike? I gues the requirements and the conditions are quite different. Is there any written summary about trail and angle for a trike? I would like to follow well approved standards instead of having to build several trikes, just because the first ones are ugly to stear.

Any other parameters e.g. wheelbase, minimum ground clearance, track width... are also still quite a myth to me, but those are more bound to other requirements of the vehicle, whereas angle and trail are free of choice to assure the best performance possible.

Hope to get a lot of good suggestions,
Cheers from Germany,
Frank