[python] Questions about Howard Stevens foldable Python trike. Anybody any info?

  • From: Frank Schmaus <frank.schmaus@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:21:33 +0200

Hi there,

I'm planning to build something like Howard Stevens' foldable Python trike, to be able to reach farer distances by railway and still have a vehicle with me with huge laguage capacity. In the german railway system bikes need an extra ticket and it's very anoying to travel with a bike and a lot of laguage. I want a pytho trike that can be folded into an easy to handle box with wheels and when arriving at the destination, can be unfolded and the laguage that was carried on a backpack can be easily put in and the rest of the journey will be done by trike.

I have found Howard Stevens' foldable Python trike on the flickr python upload
page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/python_uploads/page2/

Unfortunately I did not find more information than this three images. I want no roof, but instead a huge laguage capacity. My version will be built from wood and I totally don't mind how it will look like. I have already built a two seater bike from wood and are firm with the wood part of the project. But I never build a foldable bike so far and I have no clue about the python trike geometry and specialties.

I welcom all input, like more projects into the same direction, documentation about Howard Stevens'or other's projects, or just written ideas that could steer my idea into the right direction.

Cheers, Frank,
aka mangiari