[python] Re: Question for the experts

  • From: "Ronald W. Hongsermeier" <RonWHongsermeier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:25:39 +0200

Please excuse my presumption that the "tadpole" moniker followed the biological model, albeit with wheels! It's been a long time since I've actually seen any pollywogs-- maybe I'm mistaken in remembering them as tail"fin"-driven.

I also am quite curious as to the physics of the proposed model. Typical steering models try to place the critical joints in such a way that energy input into the steering is minimal. This results in many wedgies and the phython being partially or mostly (respectively) hands-free steerable. I have my doubts with the proposed concept as I see it flashed before my mind's eye in several variants of how I, with my limited engineering experience would try to construe several permutations of it. I run into fatal restraints with my "mind-eye" model. But that may be just me running into false constraints of my "box"-- I hope one might understand that it's hard for me to say much more, however, lacking a more clearly defined model I have to shut-up.

Therefore, until the actual description is upgraded to a point where we can actually make real sense of what is meant by it, either using language or graphical elements, it's hard to say much in the way of encouragement toward this idea. I hope this is explicit enough, doesn't step on anyone's toes or (heaven forbid) fingers! ( if he's reading this during a leisurely roll down some meadow bike-path on his python and had to stop to admire the breathless prosaic logic of my ramblings ;-) ) and furthers our discussion here.

cheers,
Ron Hongsermeier

25hz@xxxxxxxxxx schrieb:

A "tadpole" design refers to two front wheels, one rear wheel.  There are a
number of front wheel drive, and even rear wheel steer, tadpole trikes.

recumbentcountry@xxxxxxxxxx schrieb:

I am thinking of building a Tadpole Trike using 2 front ends of a
python linked together, for the steering and using a standard setup
for the rest of the trike.

I always thought a tadpole was driven by the tail by definition. Does
the trike you propose have three drive systems for three riders or are
you proposing something different than you are saying?

What I am wondering is, if this will work before I build it.

It can't work until you build it. Then it still might not work.

Ron