[python] Re: Query about weight distribution

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 21:43:46 +0000

Serge, hello!

Many thanks for this help. This puts me right back into the quandary again. I'm now well into making the trike back end. Yet I still retain that nagging desire to be able to ride freely, with what Jurgen calls a kind of easy *meditative* state of mind, my original two-wheel Python, just like those fluent riders in the vids. Really, I want to be able to ride both forms, bike and trike. But last time I tried to ride the bike, yesterday, I seemed to have gone backwards, and was falling off every three or four metres. Damn!

I'm organising some pictures now, and a vid as well, as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the help, Rh.

Hello Rhisiart,

You must be patient!
In the beginning( first "walking with hands") I practiced Python for half an hour a day and after 6 hours of testing, I made my first tour :8 kilometers...and this with much stops, feet on the ground and hand's on the brakes. Second tour was 8,5 km with 17,18 average speed.....(that's 3 week's after the first test) I remember that I had often thought that I had better build a trike..., now all this is forgotten... Only one advice: dont drive quicker than 25 km/h, make this in a progressive way, in the beginning after 50 km I had a big crash with 30/35 km/h since this time I ride always with ellbowprotectings.
Wish you success

Serge

P.s.: perhaps a picture of your bike?