[python] Re: Pythonjetrike

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:13:29 +0200

On 05.10.2011 15:00, Dirk Bonné wrote:
We have no info for the 3 wheels non tilting python, although a few got made (e.g. jürgen).

The P4 trike is rarely used but does its job:

http://www.python-lowracer.de/pics/gallery/P4%20trike%20cruising.jpg

In the beginning the wheelbase was too short and the front wheel slipped when climbing steep ramps. So I lenghened it to around 120 cm and it worked fine. Rear wheel distance is 70 cm. At 20 km/h and quick steering it is prone to tipping but fortunately never did. My wife feels safe on it but never rides faster than 25 km/h. In winter on icy roads it works, but if there is lots of snow, the front wheel gets clogged easily. More fender/tire clearance would help.

Nobuo has made downhill tests with his static python trike, reaching 60 km/h, but I would not dare this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JC19ZUeNpU&feature=related