[python] Re: Python vs. Flevo

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:58:57 +0200

Ray Schümacher wrote:

Hi Dirk,

At 03:47 PM 3/30/2005 +0200, you wrote:

* redo the pivot, and use a BB for it instead. I'm really not happy about the current situation: the pivot is too near to the front wheel, and not really detachable.

When you say too close to the wheel, why is that? Would you rather have the pivot under your seat, or is it a clearance issue?

Oh, its just clearance. I am happy with the pivot where it is now. I would only move the wheel a little forward, make a little place, so I can thighten the bolts better. The negative trail would increase, but we are talking of about 2cms or something.

When welding aluminum I always preheat the whole piece for flow and stress relief, but steel benefits from it as well; I think that the front part might fit in my oven - I'll have to measure. A pro welder I know has two ovens in his shop...

Right.  Give me your adress, i send it to you!

;-)

What degrees celcius do you warm it up (a color would also be fine), and does it help to heat it up after welding is done?

I happen to be busy with a tandem, and it uses all sorts of old junk frame parts. I was planning to MIG weld it (no tig :-( ), but some of it is clearly CroMo (noticed it was very hard when filing), and some of the tubing is marked as HiTen (<= did leave a big impression like), and some just regular soft.

Will the tandem be unsafe because of MIG welding? I heard that CroMo degenerates (or somethign) when heated up?

Dirk