[python] Re: Python vs. Flevo

  • From: Ray Schümacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:42:59 -0800

At 05:58 PM 3/30/2005 +0200, you wrote:

>>When welding aluminum I always preheat the whole piece for flow and stress
>>relief, but steel benefits from it as well; I think that the front part might
>>fit in my oven - I'll have to measure. A pro welder I know has two ovens in
>>his shop...
>>
>Right.  Give me your adress, i send it to you!

He's the flawless welder, not me! I used to have a Miller Econo-TIG, but now
just a gas MIG...

>What degrees celcius do you warm it up (a color would also be fine), and does
>it help to heat it up after welding is done?

He would heat it to ~500F, not really even dull red, just for expansion relief
and faster arc penetration - not softening.

>Will the tandem be unsafe because of MIG welding? I heard that CroMo
>degenerates (or somethign) when heated up?

I think the CroMo requires better matching wire and care not to overheat badly.
You might also find a noticeable difference in melting temps if joining
different steels. I just use mild steel wire and over build the joints on
projects. I also have a little brazing kit which is fine for many joints and
does not cause heat warping.

Ray