[python] Re: Python trike progress & questions

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:09:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi Paul,

Here is a trike similar to yours,
http://en.openbike.org/wiki/Python_Trikes#triked.2C_USA.
Some trikes on that page have steering handle bars.  In general, steering by
arm is not neccessary at low / moderate speed, which can get in the way rather
than helping.  Holding on to a non-steering handle bar or seat frame can help
your legs learn to steer.  Dillema with a python trike is that new riders don't
seem to know what to do with their free hands, unlike new python bike riders
who are too busy trying balance ...:)

Cheers,

Vi