[python] Re: Python trike plans [approaching things from the back (D+E Variant) ]

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 16:29:15 +0100

Rhisiart,

I think I've attached the pics that he sent me, but not sure if I've done it right and they'll come out for you.

They didn't. You might want to use http://i2.tinypic.com to upload the images.
Else, http://www.flickr.com will do, but it requires registration. Also,
http://en.openbike.org/wiki/Special:Upload is an option--the registration is
quite straight forward.

Regards,
Marek

Marek Möhling
Naunynstr. 82
10997 Berlin
Germany
Tel:  +49 30 347 676 95
Fax:  +49 30 484 988 218

Rhisiart Gwilym wrote:
Hi Dirk,

Do you mean Dennis Renner when you speak of a French (?) guy? You seem to be describing this vid:

http://recumbentsartandpoems.blogspot.com/2009/12/rear-wheel-steering.html#comments

This +might+ be an easy-ride FWDRWS, or it might be a centre-steer, with the articulation right at the back of the centre section. Certainly, the rider is sitting on the front part.

Dennis also sent me some still pics of his Mark1 and Mark2 versions. He says the Mark1 isn't easy to ride, but he got the geometry right on the Mark2, and you can see from the vid how easy it is to ride.

I think I've attached the pics that he sent me, but not sure if I've done it right and they'll come out for you. Will try another way if not.

Incidentally, Dennis says that the wheelbase of the Mark2 is 40 inches, and the steering-axis angle is 71 degrees.

I've been wondering if this geometry would work well for a trike too......

Cheers!   RhG

Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:1997 L prototypeRWS.jpg (JPEG/prvw) (001A2532) Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:1997prototypeRWSl.jpg (JPEG/prvw) (001A2533) Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:1999prototypeRWS.jpg (JPEG/prvw) (001A2534) Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:1999prototypeRWSR.jpg (JPEG/prvw) (001A2535)