[python] Re: Python trike plans

  • From: Markus Brunner <super.firetwister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:30:45 +0100

Hello Stefan,

your third one is quite different. I would compare it a bit with riding an
upright bike free-hand, because you must use your mass to steer. However you
can move your body easier on an upright bike and the center of gravity is very
high, so little movements make a huge difference. Here your center of gravity
is quite low anyway, so it seems difficult for me to make a turn. However it
could be easy to learn to ride, because you don't have to learn the python way
of riding.
Lowering the pivot could help to reduce the turning radius and make the bike
more unstable (you can't choose you have to take both). Because your shoulders
move in the opposite direction as your hips, so you don't actually move much
weight to one side.

You could save some weight by making the pivot behind your head. I think it
won't change the driving characteristics of a trike. I'm not sure how it would
be if it was a 2 wheeler.

Best wishes

Markus