[python] Re: Python trike ideas

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:05:19 +0200

Hello George,

Yes, the Hipparion is the only other neg. trail delta trike I know and it is definitely older than the python trike. It is linked on my page and I already had some mail conversation with the finnnish designer Esko Meriluoto: He could not imagine that a two wheeler with neg. trail is rideable at all.

The geometry of the Hipparion and a Python Delta is quite similar, but the Hipparion is distinguishable trough its steering-damper (which Esko regards as a must) and its massive frame construction (no idea why, maybe its the roads in Finland?).

On 05.09.2007 11:39, George Durbridge wrote:
On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 22:47 +0200, JÃŒrgen Mages wrote:
Pictures, there are a lot. Instructions few. Maybe I should do a trike side on my page, where all info is gathered.

Good idea.  In the meantime, there is a good drawing of a Python-like
trike at http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/davinci/proto2eng.html

The Hipparion isn't strictly a Python, because the first prototype
Hipparion was made before the first Python.  But it's a negative-trail,
centre-steered delta trike, seemingly pretty well developed.