[python] Re: Python trike ideas

  • From: Stefan Bartels <sbartels@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 23:46:30 +0200

hello everybody,
a late night addendum to my last post and your remarks:
Basically, my trike ought to be similar to Maja's P4, just that the forks are not "pushed" as in your design, Jürgen, but "pulled". The wheelbase would be longer, with more load on the front wheel, consequently. Is there a drawing of the p4 somewhere? Any stories of your daughter's experiences with the bike's "behaviour"?
have a good night
Stefan

Stefan Bartels schrieb:

Hello Jürgen and George
The trike "bends" at the connection between red and white, the same point where the pythons bend, similar angle etc.
Referring to the overloaded forks, George:
If I take bmx-bike forks (which have to stand a lot of abuse) I hope they'll be strong enough. Unicycle forks are even stronger, and here they have to carry a third ot my weight at least. of course they are bent, not ompressed, but with the smaller load I hope for the best. I put the picture at the end of the message again. the basic geometry, angle of the "pendulum", trail etc. should be the same as in a two-wheel python... I built some python-trikes out of my childrens' lego bricks today, no joke! Had to put a lot of weight on the lowest point v#before they drove kind of straight....
Yours sincerely
Stefan

Jürgen Mages schrieb:

Hallo Stefan,

The "massive" construction of the Hipparion - can it be due to the fact that he uses aluminum?

I hope so ;-)

P:S:: Any comments on my drawing??? Please???

I am not into trikes but as you ask for comments: How is the connection between the red part and the grey part? Rigid or with an horizontal hinge. The first one will be no tilting trike and the last one was done by Mark Schaaf and did not work (the trike tipped very easy in curves).
Tschüss,