[python] Python project

  • From: Kurt Rutter <tokabago@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:58:38 -1000

I made a P3 type python based on Jurgen's great tutorial on the python
project site  and have posted pictures and data in the python
wiki<http://en.openbike.org/wiki/Main_Page>.
No CAD drawings, mostly a ruler, a level, and a welder...and a hack saw. The
bike is made from my old commuter bike, a nice steel frame with terrible
proportions. I am using a bottom bracket as on the P3 for the pivot but
fabricated the bottom "crank arm" from steel tubing since I could not weld
the aluminum one after so nicely cutting it and bending (cheap welder!)
Overall the project took one summer to build a few hours at a time, probably
20-30 hours in all.

So far I am a terrible rider! But I have at least graduated from grass to
pavement. I tried and abandoned a steering damper from those pocket bike
motorbikes and now have a set of handlebars bolted on, keeps the brakes
handy but does not help steer much. Practice!

Kurt
Kauai

--
Kurt Rutter, RN, MSN