[python] Re: Python frame with VPP steering, Open Source

  • From: Michael Rienstra <ageless@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:46:19 -0700

All,

If anyone is bothered by the multiple mailings and slightly (just barely) off-topic thread, I apologize, but I wanted to spit out a a few more things posthaste.

Unless already patented or otherwise invalid, in part or in whole:

I Open Source (meaning shared data and freedom to sell/give) the basic concept of:

Using a planar or spherical four (or more) bar mechanism to steer (i.e. to alter the relationship between the wheels of, in order to maintain balance and/or to change the direction of travel) a bicycle, tricycle or other human-powered vehicle (HPV), including the basic concept of using same to counteract unwanted forces (due to pedaling and/or leg weight and/or irregularities in the terrain) or alter the steering characteristics of an HPV. This is intented to cover concepts that are obvious logical extensions of this idea, but not to cover an exact arrangement of bars in a planar or spherical four (or more) bar mechanism.