[python] Re: Python Trike

  • From: <spartansmoke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:55:23 -0500

I have also been thinking about a Python-based trike.
Around here the way to tell where there is ice is to
look where there is no snow.  :-)

Why not use the front from the Python plans along with
the rear from this trike: http://www.davinci.pp.fi/osa5eng.html

---Hillel
Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks for the Hillel webpage, Hillel. I had seen that some time ago but had lost the URL.

Fortunately, here in central California, the only snow that is typically seen is on the mountain tops of the High Sierra mountains about 60 miles away.

The idea of being able to convert from a trike to bike has long been a topic of interest to me. I think I first saw that concept on one of the Flevobike pages.

My current project is to build a prototype "convertible" out of discarded bikes. Next will be a prototype using aluminum and finally vacuum bagged carbon fiber. Further, I am designing a fairing using aircraft fabric and dope. Most of the inexpensive fairing designs I have seen use coroplast which is certainly a good choice, but does not appear to easily allow for smooth flowing curves.

Due to the holiday season, I am having to slow down my progress, but I should have a full report with photos and dimensioned plans ready in January.

Best wishes and seasons greetings to all.

Michael
Fresno, California

Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN. http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx