[python] Re: Python Stability

  • From: UH-13P <uh13p@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:37:49 -0700 (PDT)

I would add some considerations from  reading the Python list.  The reports of
"easy to learn" seem to me to have come from the people using 20" front or both
wheels.  The small wheels indirectly result in less negative trail and designs
with the rider weight relatively higher in relation to the bike.  When
comparing the dimensions to low racer and diamond frame experience both would
lead to a more stable and an easier to ride Python.

Secondly, dynamic stability is a result of the system and not a single part.
PIO was mentioned in an earlier post and results when feedback is out of phase
with the required correction.  Leg steering a large pivot arm vs arm steering a
pivot nearly inline with the wheel will have greatly differing time constant in
the feedback loop.  Any given rider and bike combination will be different.  An
example might be 5 of us in single file at the same speed with mountain
bikes when one of the 5 cocks the front wheel and goes over the handlebars.
The other 4 don't notice anything other than a slight turn.  The 1 rider bike
combination resulted in a steering correction not matching the condition
faced.