[python] Re: Python Plans

  • From: Henry Thomas <whpthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:56:09 +1000

25hz wrote:
Does his python trike tilt?  The rear end looks rigid.

It has a flevo trike rear end. Which does tilt, but has an elastomer to modulate it somewhat.

  The titlitng python
trike I built handled fine.  No handling or cornering difference from the
two wheeled python.  Your trike design is very cool and from personal
experience, you really have to mess up a bike design BAD to make it
unrideable.
My goal is to elucidate this tilting trikes self-centering effect, once I perfect the tilting I will revisit the drive train.
  I think you should forge ahead with your original plan and if
it doesn't work, THEN you can salvage the front end for a two wheel version.
That's just me though :)

Too late, the MkII frame is finished, I just have to weld the seat together tomorrow, and it should be ready for a test drive this weekend.

-h